E-mail, Spreadsheets, Word Processing, Internet
Additional Job Information
Master's degree in educational assessment
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Valid Texas educational diagnostician certificate
Knowledge of diagnostic procedures, education of special education students, human development, and learning theories
Ability to interpret data
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Two years teaching experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Select and administer formal and informal assessments to determine student eligibility for special education services according to federal and Texas Education Agency regulations.
2. Compile and evaluate comprehensive student information including classroom observations; personal interviews with the student, teachers(s), parents and others; and relevant assessment data from student's cumulative folder. Consult with parents and teacher concerning the educational needs of students and interpretation of assessment data.
3. Participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee to assist with interpretation of assessment data, appropriate placement, and development of Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students according to district procedures.
4. Present staff development training in assigned schools to assist school personnel in identifying and understanding students with disabilities.
5. Assist classroom teachers with implementation of IEP.
6. Participate in the selection of assessment materials and equipment.
7. Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the assessment program and make changes based on findings.
8. Compile, maintain, and file reports, records, and other documents required.
9. Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy. Comply with all district and local campus routines and regulations.