Classified - Classified Positions - Food Service - Cafeteria Worker
Joaquin ISD has an opening for a Food Service position.
Work under moderate supervision to prepare and serve appropriate quantities of food to meet menu requirements. Maintain high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices. Computer skills a must. Cash register experience required. Physically demanding position requiring hours of standing.
High School Diploma preferred. Food handler's certification a plus.
Ability to understand written and verbal food preparation and safety instructions
Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production procedures
Ability to operate large and small kitchen equipment and tools
Ability to perform basic math
Food Preparation and Serving
1. Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested and uniform recipes.
2. Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures, and practice and promote portion control and proper use of leftovers.
3. Store and handle food items and suppplies safely and according to established procedures. Maintain a clean and organized storage area.
Safety and Sanitation
4. Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards, and follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
5. Keep garbage collection containers and area neat and sanitary.
6. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
7. Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.
8. Handle and record cashier functions accurately. Computer and cash register skills a must.
9. Help record food requisitions and order necessary supplies.
10. Maintain daily food preparation records.
11. Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard large and small kitchen equipment and tools including electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, deep fat fryer, sharp cutting tools, stove, oven, dishwasher, and food/utility cart.
Lifting: Frequent moderate lifting and carrying (15-44 pounds)
Environment: Work inside in commercial kitchen environment: exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, extreme humidity, noise, vibration, microwaves, biological hazards (bacteria, mold, fungi.) chemical hazards (fumes, vapors, gases), electrical hazards: work with hands in water, work around machinery with moving parts; work on slippery surfaces
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress
Building/CampusJoaquin ISD Cafeteria
Additional Job Information
Salary and Benefits can be found on our website at www.joaquinisd.net under Human Resources, Salaries and Benefits.
Hourly rate determined by years of experience.