Bachelor?s degree or equivalent experience
Clear and valid Texas driver?s license
Knowledge of basic principles of construction, school plant maintenance, and custodial operations
Ability to conduct on-site inspection of district facilities
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to interpret data
Ability to read blueprints and schematics
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
_3__ years supervisory experience in maintenance operations
_5__ years experience in maintaining a large plant or building
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Building Maintenance and Repair
1. Ensure that district facilities are functional, safe, clean, and well maintained.
2. Develop and maintain written departmental procedures for maintenance, repair, and operations of all district buildings and equipment. Ensure that work orders are processed and executed in a timely manner.
3. Prepare plans and specifications for contracted repair work and site improvement for submission to purchasing department for bids.
Policy, Reports, and Law
4. Ensure compliance with federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
5. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required including timekeeping records.
Budget and Inventory
6. Develop and administer budget based on documented needs and ensure that operations are cost effective and funds are managed wisely.
7. Plan and direct inventory and stock control program for equipment and supplies.
8. Recommend disposal of obsolete equipment and purchase replacement equipment when necessary.
9. Initiate purchase orders and bids in accordance with budgetary limitations and district policies.
10. Approve and forward invoices and purchase orders for maintenance department to accounting department.
11. Select, train, supervise, and evaluate staff and make recommendations relative to assisgnment, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
12. Prepare, review, and revise maintenance department job descriptions.
13. Maintain safety standards in conformance with federal, state, and insurance regulations and district requirements and develop a program of preventive safety.
14. Ensure that equipment is maintained in optimum operating condition.
15. Participate in development of the district?s disaster plan and be prepared to take an active role in responding to emergencies as needed.
Supervise, evaluate, and recommend the hiring and firing of skilled craftsmen, lead custodians, grounds supervisors, and support staff assigned to maintenance department.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; district vehicle
Posture: Prolonged sitting; frequent standing, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting; may work in tiring and uncomfortable positions
Motion: Frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladders/scaffolding; regular grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and overhead reaching; frequent driving
Lifting: Regular moderate lifting and carrying (15?44 pounds); occasional heavy lifting (45 pounds and over)
Environment: Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, noise, vibration; exposure to chemical and electrical hazards; work around machinery with moving parts; regularly work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours; frequent districtwide travel
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress