Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Food Preparation and Serving
1. Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested, uniform recipes.
2. Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures.
3. Practice and promote portion control and proper use of leftovers.
4. Supervise storage and handling of food items and supplies. Maintain a clean and organized storage area.
Safety and Sanitation
5. Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards.
6. Follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
7. Keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
8. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
9. Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.
10. Handle and record cashier functions accurately.
11. Help record food requisitions and orders necessary supplies.
12. Maintain daily food preparation records.
13. Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
Large and small kitchen equipment and tools including electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, deep-fat fryer, sharp cutting tools, oven, dishwasher, and food and utility cart.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Continual standing, walking, pushing, and pulling; frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, and climbing (ladder), moderate lifting and carrying; moderate exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.