Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Maintenance and Repair
1. Assist skilled workers with repair and maintenance of district facilities, including repairing woodwork; replacing electrical switches, fixtures, and motors; painting, repairing, and replacing plumbing fixtures and drainage systems; and replacing broken glass.
2. Inspect building exterior and interior, playground equipment, and grounds; perform maintenance and minor repairs.
3. Detect and report needed major repairs on building structures and their systems, including lockers, furniture, and equipment.
4. Complete repairs as requested on work orders or by maintenance foreman.
5. Assist with mowing and detailing of district grounds.
6. Assist with relocation of furnishings, such as desks, tables, chairs, file cabinets, etc.
7. Move, install, assemble, and repair all school furniture and playground equipment as needed.
8. Hang pictures, mirrors, blackboards, bulletin boards, projection screens, towel dispensers, soap dispensers, and other items as required.
9. Install door and window assemblies and hardware, including window glass and screens.
10. Install ceiling and flooring materials.
11. Operate light truck to transport furniture and equipment throughout district.
12. Operate equipment and use tools following established safety procedures.
13. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
14. Correct unsafe conditions in the area and report any conditions that are not correctable to the supervisor immediately.
15. Maintain tools and equipment and perform preventive maintenance as required.
Power tools (drill, saw, etc.), hand tools, welder (gas and electric air), concrete mixer, mower, weed trimmer, blower, edger, and garden tools.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Continual walking and standing; frequent heavy lifting and carrying; climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside and inside. Exposure to extreme temperatures, dust, fumes, and odors. Exposure to mechanical, electrical, and chemical hazards. Work around moving objects or vehicles.